Hi there! My name is Pan Wangperawong. I have a Thai name in case you were wondering why my last name is so long. To pronounce it, you can think of it as Wang per a Wong, similar to Miles per a Hour (a clever mnemonic my brother, Art, came up with).
My background is in engineering, product and education. I’ve worked previously at Microsoft Research, NASA, Microsoft, Cisco and many startups, where I’ve focused on building products that combine social interactions, big data and artificial intelligence/machine learning. I’ve also taught at Stanford University, Dev Bootcamp, General Assembly and various institutions where I mentored students and developed curriculum for soft and technical skills to prepare students for the tech industry. I studied computer science at the University of Southern California and the University of Edinburgh.
Here are some talks I've given on AI/Machine Learning, Blockchain, Big Data, Infrastructure, Education, Product Development and other fields.
- Unilever Digital Acceleration Center, Unilever, New York, NY, July 2018
- Google Developer Group, Google, New York, NY, May 2018
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University, New York, NY, February 2018
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM), New York University, February 2018
- Department of Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, NY, January 2018
- Open Camps, New York, NY, November 2017
- Open Camps, United Nations, New York, NY, July 2016
- NYC D3.js, Pivotal Labs, New York, NY, February 2016
- Meteor Development Group, San Francisco, CA, November 2014